Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Let me apologize in advance

This semester, I have found myself becoming more and more of a history nerd. I have loved all of my classes and seem to have found my niche/finally started to care about school. For my history class, we have been studying America through the presidencies between 1950-1980. I think you can see where this is headed...

I know you are not supposed to talk about politics with friends and family. And quite frankly, I don't care about an individuals choice on who they are voting for.

Here is what I do care about in the upcoming presidential election:

  • I care about correct information. I understand that every piece of information on politics is biased. So it is our responsibility to read it as a biased piece and maybe read from another newspaper or follow a different website every once in awhile.
  • I care about an individuals intentions in voting. Don't vote for a candidate because of the memorabilia, hip campaign slogan, or cute family. Don't vote for a candidate purely based on his/her religion.
  • I care about the nation as a whole. It is important to take a step back and decide, what are the issues that face our country that are most pressing to our success. Many see politics, as a way to address their personal agenda. While I respect this decision, I truly hope that as Americans we can step outside ourselves and see the nation's problems as a whole and address those before our own.
There is my rant. I hope I haven't sounded judgmental or biased. Honestly, I hope no one reads this. I just needed to get it all out there without using Facebook. I understand how annoying that gets. 

A better post to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment